Monday, 19 March 2012

Who are we?

I think in the 3 days since I have started blogging (thats a long time for me to still be interested in something) I have become a little bit more aware of myself, not in a "I've found out who I am"  because I'm not sure anyone really knows 100% who there are, but more in how I act with certain groups of people!

Lets start with what kind of person you are, me I'm a people pleaser with certain friends and certain situations, other times I'm a complete cow. My only saving grace is that my face is an indicator of my mood so if you know me well enough for me to show you the true me you  will be able to gauge how to greet me just by looking at my face (full body armour or not)

Other factors in the kind of person I am vary from day to day, these can include random things like how I feel about myself, do I feel fat (always a bad day just to let you know)
Like most people the weather has a big impact, I'm not just talking bad weather, it can include those sneaky little days when you expect it to be cold so you dress in what you think is right only to feel like a polar bear on a caribbean island (the upshot of this is you have normally sweated so much you lose 10% of your body weight so feel thin the next day hence a good mood)

I wish I was the kind of person (if I'm honest I find these types a little weird) who's mood stayed on an even keel, who always had a good word to say and always seemed to have a canny knack of choosing the right clothes on the right day, who can always put others before them selves, but i'm too honest and open and selfish to ever be like that. I think that the even keel people must either be on medication, have a secret life where they are very evil to someone to release their tension or else they are at the top of the karma tree ( I will strive to get there but it will never happen)

 Does it make me a bad person that I revel a little when my skinny friends put on weight, that i'm happy to see my gorgeous friend with a huge spot or that one of my oldest friends from school who was the girl who always got the "guy" is still single when I'm happily married.
I think that after actually thinking about this I need to stop worrying about other people and try and figure out who I want to be, but can anyone really change who they are?
 Are we not moulded in shape by our parents, by our friends, by our weight, our looks, our morals, our values, by situation, even by fate? Do we see ourselves as others do ( i'm the opposite of an anorexic, I look in the mirror and see skinny instead of the fat that is there) my clients are always saying that i'm always cheerful were as I see myself as permanently grumpy.

Will we ever be happy with who we are and what defines us when we can change who we are to suit our moods.

Ok I've decided that I am fundamentally a good person, and yes I want to be liked but I will always have a little streak in me that does take a little bit of pleasure from some one else's misery!

No comments:

Post a Comment